“Elegance and History: Exploring Bruges’ Museums for Discerning Connoisseurs”
Discover the Timeless Beauty of Bruges Cobblestones and Authentic Spots during a 2.5-Hour Retro bike Tour
De Schouwburg in Brugge pakt uit met een ontbijtformule door Coffeebar Adriaan
Where to park your car in the center of Bruges
Ready to visit Bruges in Autumn
For sure during autumn is the most romantic season to visit Bruges: the fall colours matching the gingerbread looks like houses, drinking hot chocolate at a terrace, the chill but still warm weather, or walking alongside the canals, in the sound of the horse carriages.
- Bonifacius bridge (Lovers Bridge) is an ideal stop for photos and watching the calm and beautiful canals. There is a legend about Bonifacius bridge, which says that the first person you will meet after crossing the bridge is the person you will marry.
- Grote Markt is one of the most vibrant and colourful spots in Bruges, being surrounded by medieval houses, shops or restaurants. Belfort Tower being the iconic symbol of Bruges. For a panoramic view over the Grote Markt and Bruges, climb the 366 stairs of Belfort Tower.
- Walk alongside The Beguinage (Begijnhof), one of the most peaceful spots in Bruges.
- The Church of Our Lady is also the highest medieval building in the historical center, hosting many pieces of art, the statue of Michelangelo “Madonna and the Child“.
- A boat ride is a pleasant way to enjoy and discover Bruges. Bruges is also called the Venice of the North and a boat ride shows some places which can be missed otherwise. A boat ride lasts 30 minutes and costs about 8 euro.
- St Anne’s Church is a small church with a unique and attractive design.
- The beguinage (Begijnhof) is one of the most tranquil places in the area. The best time to visit is during spring, the flowers field makes the square even more magical.
The local food is excellent when you try visiting Bruges. The fries (Frites) (the Belgian version of French fries), the Belgian chocolate – one of the best in the world, the beer, the waffles, or the moules are among the most authentic food to try if you visit Bruges. My favourite waffles and coffee store and one of the best in Bruges is Coffeebar Adriaan, located between Belfry Tower and City theater.